Friday, December 11, 2009

Thursday

I went in Thursday to meet with Dr. Shustov. He said that my final bone marrow results show no leukemia cells. (and that it is a very sensitive test) This lessens the chance that I would need a bone marrow transplant. It also means that cancer is not the reason my blood numbers are not coming up. In the bone marrow I had a lot of immature cells, so soon these cells will be out in my blood and my counts will come up. I have a tentative date of Tuesday to start the next round of chemo. I received blood today, and will get platelets tomorrow. Monday I will have my counts checked and if everything is high enough I'll check into the hospital on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. WEll that sounds positive to me! Here's to the next round and hoping it does begin Tues. I'll be on vacation that week, and would love to visit you. As long as I'm healthy that is of course, which I am sure I will be by then. So here's to me seeing you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete