Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That was a close call!

On January 1st, I was sent home from 4 days of chemo at the UW. This round of recovery felt a little different. I still felt nauseated but it didn't seem the same as before. On Thursday Jan 7, I went to SCCA for my usual follow-up to receive the "light" chemo doses. After I received the chemo, they took my temp prior to giving me platelets and it was 102. I was waiting for a hospital bed at the UW and while I waited my condition became a little more concerning. Eventually I was ambulanced from the SCCA to UW and admitted to the ICU. It was discovered that I aquired a blood infection, called sepsis, and they pumped me full of fluids and antibiotics. Today, Jan 12, I am still at the UW. I am no longer in the ICU but they are holding me until my breathing improves. I will get a chest CT today to make sure I'm not developing pneumonia or something in my lungs. I'm feeling much better compared to a few days ago. No more nausea. I still have a bit of a cough but they are giving me some good cough medicine to control it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,

    I saw your Uncle Jeff today in my dental office. I've worked in the same office since shortly after we graduated from OHSU and he often mentions what you are up to...getting married, your beautiful baby boy etc. I was always so happy to hear the updates until he brought me a copy of your blog today. Needless to say, I was very saddened, but your blog must be a comfort to your family and friends. You are so positive and the pictures show you have a very loving family...just the way I remember you from school.

    I just wanted to send my best wishes to you and your family. Stay positive, happy and keep getting stronger every day!

    Janette Hatcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to hear from you. That is great that you have been in the same office since OHSU. How has evverything been in your life? Tiffany

    ReplyDelete