Friday, June 25, 2010

Fridays Appointments

My first appointment today was with the Oral Health department at the SCCA. I was supposed to get a pano x-ray, but since I have had one in the last 2 years I can just have it forwarded to the SCCA. Then I filled out a dental history form and gave them my dental insurance information.

My second appointment for the day was with a transplant nurse. She explained my new medications and answered any questions that I had. She also went over my schedule for next week.

My third appointment was with the transplant Social Worker. She kind of asked the same questions the the phyciatrist asks. It felt like a therapy session.

My last appointment was a questionnaire on the computer. It is meant to help patients address issues that they are having, then the answers are printed out for your appointment so that all of your issues are addressed. They feel that people often forget to ask about their issues or don't feel comfortable asking about things. It asked everything from fatigue to pain to social activities.

I get Monday off from the SCCA.

Yesterday I got to retire 5 of my medications and today they gave me 3 new prescriptions. Figures: ) No more oral chemotherapy, so that my counts can come up. No more chemo until the high dose chemo for the transplant.

2 comments:

  1. Just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. My heart and prayers are with you as you continue to face things that you never thought you'd have to face. Life can really go crazy some times. Just know that I'm pulling for you and am wishing you the best. I'm glad you have a match and I hope everything works out the best.
    Take care, Anna Wardle Conner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing good. Getting a little nervous as it gets closer. Going to enjoy the 4th of July-my last weekend before the tranplant.Thanks for your support : ) tiffany

    ReplyDelete