Friday, June 24, 2011

June Update

As I had mentioned last update, I do not have any diagnosed GVHD. But, I do have suspected GVHD. Because of this suspicion I am headed up to the SCCA next week to do my 1 year post-transplant round of appointments. My main symptom of GVHD is tightness in my muscles. For example, it is sore and uncomfortable to sit cross-legged right now. I've been noticing it for awhile and feel like it is getting worse. I talked with the nurse at the SCCA and they felt it is time to come into the SCCA for an evaluation. Muscle fascitis is most often irreversible. Since my 1 year appointments were only a couple weeks away anyways, they moved up the appointments. This is my schedule for next week.....

Monday: fasting blood draw, consult with MD, sedation, and bone marrow biopsy
Tuesday: eye doctor, dentist, pulmonary function test, nutritional consult
Wednesday: DEXA scan, PET scan, gyno exam, physical therapy evaluation
Thursday: conclusion conference

Here's to continued remission and no hiding cancer.

Hope all goes well.

Oh, and the odds are on my side after 1 year. The mortality rates go way down after the 1 year mark.

The next thing on my agenda is writing a letter to my donor. It has to be anonymous, because she is from Europe and over there the rules are that you can only reveal personal information after 2 years. I cannot say anything that would reveal where I am from or anything that could identify myself. I really don't know what to say. What do you say to someone that donated something so personal? My blood type has now changed to her blood type. I now have her blood DNA. Weird....I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment