Friday, July 1, 2011

1rst Year Follow-up Results

The most important news: NO CANCER! But, as a result of my new immune system not completely accepting its new host, I have Graft Vs. Host Disease. This is fairly common with everyone that has a donor-even perfectly matched donors like mine. This is treated with immunosuppressing drugs. And since the perfect combo of drugs to combat GVHD has not been found...I signed up to be part of a study. I was randomly assigned a 2 drug combination: Prednisone and Sirolimus. Unfortunately, both these drugs have lots of side effects. So, while taking these medications, I also have to take a cholesterol lowering, lipid lowering drug, pneumonia preventing drug, and a virus preventing drug. My pharmacy is loving me again!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your updates. No cancer--what GREAT news!!! We will be praying for your study & side effects. Blessings... tell your family we say hello.

    ReplyDelete