Friday, October 16, 2009

Since the Hospital...

Here is a picture of what my chest looks like right now. Port on one side-Hickman line on the other. Loghan says I have "owies." I feel like I could pull off the Bride of Frankenstein for Halloween.
Once the chemo was over and the risk of tumor lysis (tumor exploding-overwhelming the kidneys) was over, I was sent home from the hospital. The nurses and staff at the hospital are great, but the constant monitoring and being always hooked up to machines gets really frustrating. Back at home I spent several days not far from my bed or couch. I had lots of nausea, pain, vomitting, and just not generally feeling good. The trade off for being out of the hospital is that I have to go into the oncology office everyday for everything from infusions, hydrations, Dr. visits, and WBC booster shots. (including the weekends) The next round of chemo starts next week. I am also going in on Monday to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to get a second opinion for my treatment. They have a Dr. who is supposed to be familiar with the T-cell lymphomas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! I get to be the first to comment on your blog. I'm really glad you're going to see a lymphoma speciliast....I hope they have lots of good advice about treatment and some encouraging things to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany,

    My name is Kim Newberry, and I live in Southwest Georgia. I heard about your story through my good friend, Beckie Forslund. I just wanted you to know that I have been lifting up prayers for you, and I will continue to do so. Fight hard, and stay strong!

    Prayers,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete