Tuesday, October 27, 2009

University of Washington continued..

The first day went really well. We used webcams to talk in the evenings. Loghan loves looking at himself on the computer. I did not have much side effects from the chemo treatment. Every 12 hours they gave me an anti-nausea medications. On the second day, I got the chemo done in my spine. This is what really got to me. I had a spinal headache for the next couple of days. I found that at that point the only thing that feels good is to curl up in bed and call for meds when it starts to hurt again. TV is not even an option at that point because my vision was so blurry. All this time I am on 24IV hydration, so I have to pee constantly. The Drs. suggested coffee to help with the headache, so I ordered up a big cup. As soon as I had it gulped down, it came right back up. I had not really had coffee since my diagnosis, so I guess it did not agree with me. I got to go home on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment