Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday, July 9th


I spent my last evening before heading up to Seattle for awhile with my family.



Today, I did not have an appointment until the afternoon. I had time to get ready for my move up to Seattle and cleaning house/washing clothes for the boys. I went up to the SCCA to have my bandage changed, a Hickman care teaching, and a pump class. My Mom drove me up there because 1. I had some Percocet on board and 2. She needed to learn how to take care of the Hickman and how to use the IV pump outpatient. Now, I don't have to go into the clinic just to receive IV hydration. I just hook up to my central line. The radiation starts tomorrow at 8AM. After I start radiation there is no going back. Once radiation starts, I will start losing my blood counts and will need I stem cell "rescue" to bring back my blood counts. It still amazes me that some woman, somewhere in Europe, is willing to give a stranger a chance for a cure. She has passed all of her tests and signed her consents. Soon, I will have her DNA and blood type. Strange.








No comments:

Post a Comment