Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to the Hospital

Tuesday night I developed a fever of 101 degrees. You are supposed to head to the hospital with anything over 100.8. So, we headed over to UW (my Aunt Sue and I). I was hoping not to "check-in", but that did not happen. Shortly after getting there I developed shaking chills. Then my blood cultures from my central Hickman line came back positive for bacteria. I ended up being admitted and they pulled my Hickman line. I am now on antibiotics for 4 weeks and will be here until at least Monday when the Picc line nurse can put in a Picc line. I can't leave until I have a semi-permant access so that I can administer the IV antibiotics to myself. Heres to another week in the hospital ; )

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you went back fast, and your gettin' a picc line. This is just a temporary set back. Your still on your way toward that 100 day mark!

    ReplyDelete