Monday, August 9, 2010

Day +23

I am outta the hospital!!! I was discharged on Sunday (yesterday) about noon with 300 neutraphils. It has been just shy of a month in the hospital. Since I was still neutropenic, I had to administer IV antibiotics and fluids to myself via a mobile pump hidden in a backpack today. But, overnight my neutrophils are 800, so I am off antibiotics for now. And, I get to see my little Loghan tomorrow. Travis is going to bring him for a visit tomorrow after work. I am staying at the Pete Gross House in a studio-which is only for SCCA patients and a lot of them are transplant patients. Just FYI: the last time I lived in a studio was in college, I lived by myself, and it was bigger and cheaper than this studio. My Mom is staying with me as a caregiver.

Today was full of appointments. Still way better then the hospital. Lab draw (thanks Kelsie), office visit, nutritionist, chest x-ray, and some lunch at the Red Brick Bistro. I also ran into 2 people that I've met through Kelsie that were "incarcerated" at UW at the same time I was. One is on the exact same protocol and days that I am (he got out 2 days before I did). The other is getting geared up for a transplant, he is just waiting to find the best match out of the tons of preliminary matches he has. Both are doing good and look great.

2 comments:

  1. What blessed news! I'm so happy for you (and your whole family!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has been so amazing reading your blog. Makes my little bodily complaints seem like nothing. So happy that you are doing well. I know Anita has been looking forward to helping with your care.

    ReplyDelete